About Future Working
Digital tools and machines will replace many process jobs over the next decade. They will create both efficiency and dislocation, requiring businesses and employees to think differently about their careers and the training and education that skills them. International research now being replicated in Australia shows close to half of all occupations are at risk from technological disruption. New technology will also unleash new creative forces and inspire new waves of entrepreneurialism, creating both challenges and opportunities while maintaining pressure on work-life balance. The winners will be the enterprises and individuals that can maximise their use of new technology while drawing on human strengths that can set them apart.
- Ms Pip Marlow, CEO Customer Marketplace, Suncorp Creating an Innovation Ecosystem
- Mr Stephen Scheeler, Special Adviser to PwC Australia Mobile is Eating The World
- Dr Phuong Pham, DPhil, Head of Strategy & Policy, Telstra Health The Personalisation of Healthcare
- Mr Nick Vanzetti, Managing Director, ESL Australia Sporting Disruption
- Mr Michael Trotter & Mr Dylan Poulus, Founders, QUT eSports QUT eSports
- Professor Suzi Derbyshire, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Learning and Teaching), QUT Learning for the Mid-Century
- Professor Margaret Petty - Head of School of Design, Creative Industries Faculty, QUT Connected Cities
- Professor Laurie Buys, Professor Social Change, Creative Industries Faculty, QUT SmartCities
- Ms Camilla Roberts, Senior Digital & Data Consultant, Institue for Future Environments, QUT Connected Cities
- Professor Michael Rosemann, Executive Director, Corporate Enagement, International & Development Office, QUT Data Trading in the Connected City
- Dr Monique Mann, Lecturer, School of Justice, Faculty of Law, QUT Smart Cities and IoT
- Wayne Gerard - CEO & Co-founder RedEye and Director, StartupAUS The Secret Energy of Entrepreneurs
- Alexander Dreliling, CEO & Co-founder, ClipChamp Pty Ltd ClipChamp | What We Do
- Ingrid Rodriguez, CEO & Founder, Eikonic Real World Futures - The Secret Energy of Entrepreneurs
- Professor Per Davidsson, Director, Australian Centre for Entrepreneurship Research, QUT Entrepreneurs - How Special Are They?
- Dr Stefan Hajkowicz, PhD - Principal Research Scientist, Data61, CSIRO Tomorrow's Digitally Enabled Workforce
- Shane Rodgers - General Manager, GoodStart Early Learning 8 Trends Shaping The Future Workforce
- Dr Ruth Bridgstock - Australian National Senior Teaching Fellow Learning To Be Future Capable
- David Thodey - Chair, CSIRO Disruptive Influences
- President's Distinguished Professor Thomas Davenport - Babson College, Harvard Only Humans Need Apply
- Christine Corbett - Chief Customer Service Officer, Australian Post Reinventing An Australian Icon
- Tiziana Bianco - Head of Innovation, Commonwealth Bank The CBA Innovation Lab
- Distinguished Professor Stuart Cunningham AM - QUT Digital Media and CommunicationSkills abd Capabilities for Australian Enterprise Innovation
- Jan Owen AM - CEO of Young Australians The New Work Order
- Brendan Christou - CEO of RNA The RNA
- David Spriggs _ CEO, Infoxchange Ask Izzy
- Rachel Treasure - President, QUT Starters Redefining Student-Industry Partnership
- John Hummelstad _ MD, Concept Safety Systems Disruptive Influences and what to do with them?
- Professor Suzi Derbyshire and Professor Michael Rosemann - QUT Thinking Patterns for the Digital Age
- Professor Marek Kowalkiewcz - Chair, PwC Digital Economy at QUT Disruptive Influences
- Henri Burgers - QUT Business School Have You Unlocked Your Innovative Potential?
- Ryan Liddle - Think Different AnydayThink Different Anyday
- Steve Mann - Aurizon How to Make Ideas Bloom - An Aurizon Perspective
- Yann Pastor - Monitor Deloitte
- Distinguished Professor Stuart Cunningham AM - QUT Digital Media and Communication Skills and Capabilities for Australian Enterprise Innovation
- QUT's Entrepreneurship and Innovation Groups A glossary to QUT's Entrepreneurship and Innovation Groups
- Rod Mewing - Your Service, Their Way...changing the way you connect with your customers
- Steele Tallon - Pleased To Tweet You, Don't Forget My Game
- Rebecca Wilson - Senior Entrepreneurs
- Associate Professor Paul Steffens - The Age of Entrepreneurship
- The Australian Centre for Entrepreneurship Research Fact Sheet
- Professor Paul Thompson - The Future Workforce: Characteristics, Choices and Consequences
- Professor Rowena Barrett - Managing People for Success Now and into the Future
- David Fagan - Media Industry case study
- Mandy Johnson - The 6 Steps to Building a Remarkable Workplace
- Associate Professor Michael Osborne - Technology at Work: The Future of Employment
- Andrea Tjoeng - The Future of Talent Management
- Grant Galvin - The Future of Manual Labour
- Professor Michael Rosemann - Local Changes, Global Impact
- Jonanthan Roberts - Medical & Health Robotics @ QUT
- Professor Tristan Perez - Robotics & Agri-Intelligence
- Raspin, Paul & Terjesen, Siri A. (2007) Strategy Making: What have we learned about forecasting the future? Handbook of Business Strategy, 8(2), pp. 116-121.
- Perrons, Robert K. & Jensen, Jesse W. (2015) Data as an asset: what the oil and gas sector can learn from other industries about “Big Data”. Energy Policy, 81, pp. 117-121.
- Schulz, Ruth, Talbot, Ben, Lam, Obadiah, Dayoub, Feras, Corke, Peter, Upcroft, Ben, & Wyeth, Gordon (2015) Robot navigation using human cues: A robot navigation system for symbolic goal-directed exploration. In IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation 2015, 26-30 May 2015, Washington State Convention Center, Seattle, WA. (In Press)
Real World Futures 2017 Conference | Disruptive Influences - And What To Do With Them. Tuesday, 17 October 2017
Real World Conversation | Connected Cities, Connected People. Wednesday, 30 August 2017
View the photos of the event on Flickr View Photos
View the video of the event View Video
Real World Conversation | The Secret Energy of Entrepreneurs, Wednesday 17 May 2017.
View the photos of the event on Flickr View Photos
Workplace 2030 | The Skills You Need and How to Get Them, Tuesday 14 March 2017. Watch Video
Disruptive Influences - And What To Do With Them Conference, Wednesday 19 October 2016 Watch Video
How To Make Ideas Bloom Breakfast, Wednesday 18 March 2016 Watch Video
Connections, Wednesday 16 March 2016 Watch Video
The Age of Entrepreneurship, Tuesday 17 November 2015 Watch Video
Managing the Future Workforce, Tuesday 5 May 2015 - Watch Video
The Future of Working, Tuesday 24 March 2015 - Watch Video
Future Working News
QUT’S Room Three Sixty was at standing room only on October 17 when more than 200 innovators and disruptors came together for the Real World Futures conference, Disruptive Influences - And What To Do With Them.
THE marriage of people, the data they produce and the technology that can use it was at the centre of the Real World Conversation, Connected Cities, Connected People.
A QUT researcher is leading a new study to evaluate human-robot interactions as technology reshapes health care.
QUT’s Executive MBA (EMBA) has been named the best in Australia by The Australian Financial Review’s BOSS Magazine.
TWO of Australia’s leading change agents have put the customer at the centre of the digital transformation that is driving their businesses.
Content sourced from QUT News Web Service.
QUT News and Views
Join the conversation on twitter #futureworking